By: Kim Cox
Washing the windows in your Maryland home doesn’t have to be a pain in the butt…
In fact, with this tip, according to my friend Merrill, it’s actually pretty easy, doesn’t leave streaks, and yes.. it’s fast.
Just continue reading to find out how…
Lots of cleaning methods exist, including Windex, homemade window cleaning concoctions, paper towels, coffee filters, and even newspapers.
These can work, but often leave residue and streaks which seem impossible to get rid of, no matter how many times you go over the window. Not to mention a lot of elbow grease.
Get sparkling, streak-free windows every time
If you want to wash your windows quickly, easily, and effectively, then why wouldn’t you use the same method professional window washers use.
All you need is a good quality 12″ squeegee, a sponge, a bucket of warm water with a squirt of liquid dish soap, and a lint-free rag or chamois.
(This process works well for the inside and outside of your windows)
- First, dip the sponge in the water and soap mixture, squeeze it mostly out, and sponge the window clean.
- Then, using the squeegee, starting at the top, squeegee in a vertical stroke to the bottom. (Some prefer to work horizontally from top to bottom – that’s okay, too)
- After each stroke, wipe the squeegee off with your rag, go back up to the top, overlap the first stroke a little and repeat, angling the squeegee a tad. Repeat ’till done.
- If you have windows with multiple panes, simply use a smaller squeegee.
- Use a lint-free rag, a microfiber cloth, or chamois to wipe any leftover lines or edges.
Important safety tip!!
Be careful when using ladders! I don’t want you to fall and get hurt.
So if you aren’t comfortable on a ladder, hire someone to do it safely.
And if you don’t have tilt-in windows (they’re super easy to clean), call me at 301-368-3551 for a free, no-obligation window analysis of your Maryland home.
Replacement windows from Simonton are a great value and investment – and yes… in addition to being great looking and energy-efficient, they’re easy to clean.
Whether your home is in Frederick, or Silver Spring, over to Columbia, MD, or any community in between, we can help!
To get your free, no-obligation, and no-pressure
window analysis, simply call 301-368-3551
On Top Home Improvements, Inc.
10818 Avonlea Ridge Place
Damascus, MD 20872
Click to E-mail