By Kim Cox:
Whether you like it or not, fall here in Maryland is quickly approaching.
And that means stunning foliage as the leaves change colors, but it also means falling leaves that will completely clog up your gutter. It’s a common problem, and one you should not ignore.
So what’s the problem?
Clogged gutters can wreak havoc to your home.
- When water can’t drain properly, it accumulates in the gutter, getting heavier and heavier until something bad happens
- Your gutter could separate from the roof, and completely fall off, causing extensive damaging to your roof, siding, gardens, and landscaping
- Water could overflow the gutter and cascade down the siding, damaging the siding, the foundation, and running into your basement (never a good idea)
- The accumulated water could cause rot and mildew problems with wood fascia and soffits that could require expensive replacement
- Excessive water can make holes in your yard, or lead to cracks in the foundation
How to prevent serious damage to your home
caused by clogged gutters that can cost $1000’s to fix!
First… Get your gutter system inspected by an experienced, reputable Maryland contractor to make sure it’s designed and working correctly.
Second… Clean the leaves and other debris out of your gutters annually, preferably after the leaves are off the trees. You can do it yourself, or hire a professional. (If you do it, please be very careful and safe)
Third… Prevent leaves and debris from getting in your gutters in the first place by installing high-quality leaf or gutter guards. And you’ll never have to worry about clogged gutters or downspouts again. (We find that Valor’s Gutter Guards are reliable and work well)
Get more information about the benefits you’ll get with seamless gutters and gutter guards.